Thursday, April 12, 2012

Malapascua 2012, Day 7

April 12, 2012


We got up early to go do the shark dive again this morning. Unfortunately, I got down to about 20 feet and my left ear would not clear, so I came back up and sat out the dive. Fortunately, they told me I did not miss much. They saw about three thresher sharks but they did not come in very close, so Eric did not get any good photos.


We came back after the dive and had some breakfast and got ready for the second dive on the house reef. I decided to go out and give it another try. Unfortunately, I got down to about 10 feet and again could not clear my ear, so came back up and waited on the boat. Eric and the group had a good dive and saw the seahorses, nudibranchs, frog fish, sea moths, squat lobster, catfish, etc.


We came back and had some lunch. Eric had the Asian chicken patties with a peanut and bean sprout salad that he said was really good. I decided to have a grilled cheese and french fries. We had another dive planned at 1:30 to Chocolate Island.


I decided to give it another try. I figured third time is the charm, right? This was a very shallow dive and we basically paired up as buddies. Eric and I went in first and again I got down to about 10 feet and could not clear my left ear. Eric went ahead with Gino (the dive guide) and I went back to the boat. I got my gear off and then got back in and snorkeled while they dove. The group had a very nice dive. They saw a sea snake, many different types of nudibranchs, some mating and some in the act of laying eggs, and a crinoid shrimp (which Eric had been looking for).


We came back and got cleaned up. My solar shower was EXTRA hot today. Today was a very sunny day (no rain showers), so the water was beyond hot. I added cold water to it twice and it was still hot. I only used about half the bag of water so I left the other half for Shelagh to use.


Tomorrow is our last dive day here, so we will give the shark dive a try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment