Sunday, April 17, 2011

Anilao Day 2

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Well let me start by saying that lunch and dinner yesterday were great. So far every meal has been fabulous--which could be a problem. Will definitely have to start a diet when I get back home.

Today we did three dives. We left about 8:30 a.m. and did the first two dives. The first dive was at Aphol Rock. We saw a big frogfish, nudibranchs, and blue starfish everywhere we looked, along with tons of other stuff. Our second dive we went back to Mato again. We saw shrimp, nudibranchs, clownfish, ornate pipefish, and all kinds of other small critters.

We then came back to Club Ocellaris and had lunch--chicken satay, vegetables in a cream sauce that were to die for, and of course rice. With just about every meal we have some type of fresh fruit too. So far we have had cantaloupe, pineapple, papaya, and bananas--not like we have back home either--this stuff is ripe and delicious. Can you tell I enjoy eating?

After lunch we went out and did another dive at cathedral rock. Eric saw some giant trevally, a very fast mantis shrimp, and of course there were several different types of nudibranchs--we are in the nudibranch capital, so it is pretty much expected on each dive.

I did not have any issues with clearing my ears today, so it was an awesome day of diving. I am still having to wear two 3 mm wetsuits, but it is working out well so far. I am able to stay warm for most of the dives. Only problem is I have rubbed the skin of the knuckles on both hands trying to get my wetsuits on. Afterwards I feel like a sausage in a really tight casing.

Well, it is about time for dinner, so will have to end this for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment